DFF seeks media partners, festival partners, presenting sponsors, and a main sponsor for its 4th annual festival, to be held Thursday June 11 to Saturday June 13, 2015. If you are interested in talking to us about opportunities
>> READ MORE
>> How to get to Dharamsala
>> Recommended Accommodation
2015 Call for Entries
To all Creative People, Filmmakers & Producers,
DFF is now calling for film submissions for the 2015 festival, to be held in Dharamsala, India, at the Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts (TIPA) on June 11-13, 2015.
DFF Rules and Regulations
November 6, 2014
- Dharamsala Film Festival (DFF) will be held held in Upper Dharamsala, District Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, India, on June 11-13, 2015.
- DFF's themes are CONSCIOUSNESS and CREATIVITY. In 2015, we will expand our focus to also specifically include films that exemplify the Divine Feminine and empowerment of women and girls.
- There are no restrictions with regards to genres or style of film, but submitted films must relate to one or both festival themes. We welcome films that explore the various spiritual traditions from around the world, as well as films that cherish the human spirit. We welcome a variety of subjects on sacred arts, the role of creativity in the evolution of consciousness, the effects of arts on education, creative approaches to transformation, explorations of the empowerment of woman and girls as well as films that explore the Divine Feminine.
- We seek inspiring films that promote awareness, allow a more profound reflection upon contemporary themes, enlighten, empower, stimulate new debates, discussions and perspectives, and hopefully encourage positive personal and community commitment among the festival goers.
- Films are selected on the basis of achievement in form and content.
- Only films completed after 1 January 2009 are eligible for submission.
- Films must be submitted no later than March 10, 2015. Early submissions are encouraged.
Submission deadlines and fees:
Earlybird Deadline: Postmarked by December 3, 2014; Entry Fee: 30 USD
Regular Deadline: Postmarked by December 31, 2014; Entry Fee: 40 USD
Late Deadline: Postmarked by January 30, 2015; Entry Fee: 50 USD
Extended Deadline: Postmarked by March 10, 2015; Entry Fee: 65 USD
Shorts (less than 12 mins. TRT) receive an additional discount on submission fees.
Entries to the 2015 DFF may be submitted through several websites: www.filmfreeway.com and www.withoutabox.com. Both sites grant filmmakers the power to quickly, easily, paperlessly, and economically manage the entire festival submission process online.
- Films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English.
- The required format for both the selection process and the festival screening is DVD (PAL or NTSC), whatever the original format.
- Your DVD must be labelled with the title of the film, total running time, original format, and the Withoutabox tracking number. It is best to use plain DVDs, do not put any sticker whatsoever onto the disc.
- All costs of sending DVD copies are the responsibility of the participants who are entering their films.
- The DVD copies of your film must be sent to DFF by March 10, 2015 at the very latest (Postmarked). All copies should be sent to:
Dharamsala Film Festival
c/o Julien Balmer
58/10 M. 8
Surat Thani 84280
Please mark on your envelopes/parcels: No commercial value, for cultural purposes only. DFF will not accept deliveries that entail the payment of taxes for the festival.
- All filmmakers will be notified via e-mail in the first week of April 2015 with the selection results.
- Upon selection, the entrant grants the festival the permission to use all publicity materials including three minutes of the film to be used for promotional purposes. Available press materials must be sent to DFF upon notification of selection.
- Submission materials will not be returned but will be kept in the festival's archives.
- Any entries of films made to DFF presuppose knowledge of and acceptance of the rules and regulations as put forth above.
Films can be submitted now via FilmFreeway or Withoutabox:
>> CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2014 OFFICIAL SELECTION
>> CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2013 OFFICIAL SELECTION
>> CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2012 OFFICIAL SELECTION